The Journal of Functional Materials is supervised and sponsored by Chongqing Materials Institute, carefully edited by the editorial department of the Journal of Functional Materials and published at home and abroad, which publishes original basic research and application research results in the field of functional materials. Following the international practice of running journals, all published articles must be reviewed by peers.
(1) It only publishes reviews and research papers in the field of functional materials that have not been published publicly at home and abroad. The contributions should have clear views, sufficient arguments, reliable data, clear hierarchies, and smooth writing. In "Downloading", the "Copyright Transfer Agreement" and "Template" are provided. Please carefully read them before submitting.
(2) The title should be concise and accurate, highlighting the main content and uniqueness of the article, avoiding the use of non-public abbreviations. Chinese title should generally not exceed 20 Chinese characters.
(3) Under the title is the authors, and the names of multiple authors should be separated by commas. Authors from different units shall add different numerical serial numbers in the upper right corner of their names. Multiple authors from the same unit may not add serial numbers.
(4) The full name of units shall be indicated under the name. The university must indicate the college, institute or department. The name and postal code of the province or city shall be indicated following the unit. The name of the province must be indicated for non municipalities directly under the Central Government and provincial capital cities.
(5) Papers should have Chinese and English abstracts. The abstract should be independent and self consistent. According to the principle of "having the same amount of main information as the article", the Chinese and English abstracts should be able to concisely and accurately describe the innovative content of the article, and give research purposes, methods, important results and main conclusions. However, it is inappropriate to evaluate or comment on the content and conclusion of the article, to have the content appearing in the introduction, or to simply repeat the existing information in the title. It is not recommended to quote literature in the abstract unless the article confirms or negates the published results. The meaning of the English abstract shall be consistent with that of the Chinese one, but shall not be translated word for word. The English one should use simple sentences as far as possible, and avoid using long sentences with complex sentences. The passive voice is recommended. When describing the research process and experimental results, the general past tense is appropriate. The conclusion with universality is in the present tense. The length should be 300~400 words.
(6) About Chinese and English keywords. English keywords should correspond to Chinese ones. There are 5~8 keywords that reflect the characteristics of the article. Each word should be separated by a semicolon, and the existing words in the title should not be used as much as possible.
(7) About Chinese Library Classification Number. In order to achieve cluster retrieval from the discipline attribute of journal papers, it is required to classify papers according to the fifth edition of the Chinese Library Classification (2010). Generally, papers could be identified with 1~3 classification numbers, and multiple classification numbers are separated by semicolons.
(8) About funds. For the funded research projects, the first page footer of the paper shall be marked with "Fund Source: ×××× Fund project (number) ". Multiple funds could be listed in turn and separated by semicolons.
(9) The titles at all levels should use Arabic numerals, and the levels are as follows: 0, 1, 2 (first level); 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 (second level); 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3 (third level); (1), (2), (3), (4) (fouth level). In the conclusion, only (1), (2) and (3) are used.
(10) The figures and tables should be simplified. All picture pixels shall
meet the printing requirements. Graphics, curves, words and numbers shall be
clear and legible, and the clarity of photos shall be strictly guaranteed. The
physical quantity names, symbols and units of the coordinates on the bar, curve
and other charts must be complete, and separated by a slash. Meanwhile, please
try to avoid distinguishing between pictures and curves by color.
(11) International System of Units (SI) shall be adopted. All unit symbols are in regular script. The quantity symbol must be in italics, as well as the letters representing variable numbers when used as subscripts. The upper and lower corner marks should be clear.
(12) The font size of shall be 12pt with line spacing 1.5, so as to facilitate editing and processing. The numbers and symbols in the figures shall be very clear to avoid errors.
(13) The number of references should not be less than 20, and be selected to be recently published ones in high-level material journals at home and abroad to highlight the importance of the contents. The detailed description rules are listed in template.
(14) When submitting, a brief introduction of the first author must be writen, including name (birth year), gender (nationality, Han nationality can be omitted), professional title, degree, succession and research direction.
Example 1: (Students)
Li Li (1974－), male (Manchu), studying for a doctor's degree, is engaged in intelligent materials research following Professor Wang Qiang.
Example 2: (Incumbents)
Wu lanna (1968－), female (Mongolian), associate professor with doctor degree, is engaged in Mongolian studies.
(15) The final part of the paper is in English, including English title, author's English name, full English name of the author's work unit, English abstract and English keywords.
(16) Review procedure. After the preliminary review, it will be sent to the peer experts for evaluation (external review). The editor in chief will select the best ones for acception after the final review. The review time is about 1~2 months. In order to shorten it, and avoid unnecessary resource waste of editorial department and review experts, it is strictly forbidden to submit the same paper more than once. For improving paper quality and speeding up review submission, review fees are free.
(17) Once the paper is accepted, the periodical publishing fee will be charged according to the regulations.
Note: Please be sure to indicate the paper number and the author's name or work unit in the remarks of all transfers or remittance. If the publication is affected due to non indication, the consequences shall be borne by yourself.